Funded by an initiative Landcom and Universities., this project's aim is the review and development of a predictive housing price model for the Sydney housing market. The project started in February 2018 with an 18 month duration.
- A/Prof Song Shi, University of Technology Sydney
- A/Prof Vincent Mangioni , University of Technology Sydney
- Dr Janet Ge, University of Technology Sydney
- Prof Fethi Rabhi, UNSW
- Dr Rachida Ouysse , UNSW
- Dr Shanaka Herath , University of Wollongong
Other project participants
- Liam Schofield - Manager, Commercial Business and Business Development, UrbanGrowth
- Sara Wilson - Senior Manager, Communications and Engagement, UrbanGrowth
- Nicole Campbell - Manager, Collaborative Learning, UrbanGrowth
- Michael Gadiel – Director, Economic Forecasting & Modelling Branch
- Professor Peter Abelson - Specialist Advisor, NSW Treasury
This research will develop a framework that augments existing predictive house price models and tests a range of additional economic variables with the intent of more accurately forecasting long-term (20 year horizon) real estate prices in the Sydney residential property market. This research will significantly enhance and transform current practices and approaches in infrastructure planning.